New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Imaging Clinic (Radiology)
Imaging - Unparalleled Service
Stanford Health Care Imaging Services is committed to providing outstanding care, utilizing state-of-the-art technology, and offering the subspecialty expertise of Stanford's world-renowned Department of Radiology. Our team of medical professionals maintains the highest standards of clinical excellence provided in a compassionate, caring environment.
Stanford Radiology Scheduling Center
To make an appointment, call: 650-723-6855
Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley
To make an appointment, call: 925-734-3376
Care and Treatment
What to Expect
Computed Tomography (CT)
Clinical trials are research studies that evaluate a new medical approach, device, drug, or other treatment. As a Stanford Health Care patient, you may have access to the latest, advanced clinical trials.
Open trials refer to studies currently accepting participants. Closed trials are not currently enrolling, but may open in the future.
Call us to schedule an appointment at any of our imaging locations. Our CT and MRI services are available seven days a week, including evenings. Same-day appointments are also available.
PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Bring your driver's license or some form of identification, your insurance card, and the name and telephone number of your referring doctor.
- Please arrive promptly at your provided arrival time. Late arrivals may result in a rescheduled appointment.
Call us to make an appointment
Stanford Health Care
Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley
For Health Care Professionals
RADIOLOGY PHYSICIAN TO PHYSICIAN CONSULT LINE
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The reading room assistant is available to connect you with our sub-specialty radiologists and technologists. Please have the patient’s name, DOB, and medical record available.
- Advice on what imaging study to order in a given clinical situation
- STAT READ requests or report clarification
- Consultation about specific imaging sequences or special requests
- Inpatient exam schedule status updates
- Report availability
Please direct any outpatient scheduling, rescheduling or cancellations to the Stanford Radiology Scheduling Center.
HOW TO REFER
If this is your first time referring a patient to Stanford for imaging, please complete the Unknown Provider Form (PDF) for the Medical Staff Office provider database.
Stanford Health Care Imaging Services - For general radiology referrals, please complete the Requisition / Exam Order Form (PDF), and for radiology wellness exams, use the CT Virtual Colonoscopy Requisition Form (PDF), or the CT Lung Cancer Screening Requisition Form (PDF).
Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley Imaging Services - For general radiology referrals, please complete the Requisition / Exam Order Form (PDF), and for radiology wellness exams, use the CT Lung Cancer Screening Requisition Form (PDF).
Stanford Medicine Imaging and Express Care - For general radiology referrals, please complete the Requisition/Exam Order Form.
CMS Mandate and Imaging Clinical Decision Support (CDS)
What you need to know about patients with Medicare Part B and Advanced Diagnostic Imaging, effective January 1, 2022.
- The Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA) of 2014, established the Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) program to increase use of AUC for advanced diagnostic imaging services (CT, MRI, PET, Nuclear Medicine) for Medicare Part B recipients.
- Effective January 1st, 2022 providers must consult Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) through a qualified Clinical Decision Support Mechanism (qCDSM) when ordering advanced diagnostic imaging services.
- The purpose is to enable providers to order the most appropriate tests for patients while minimizing unnecessary radiation, intravenous contrast exposure, and potential risks of invasive procedures.
- A free clinical decision support tool is available at qcdsm.nationaldecisionsupport.com
- Stanford Health Care radiology paper requisitions include CDS required fields or you may submit the Imaging Clinical Decision Support Fax Form with your referral.
- PRISM - Send and manage radiology orders online. Portal to include Medicare (CMS) mandate support features, such as:
*Clinical Decision Support Mechanism (qCDSM) when ordering advanced diagnostic imaging services.
*Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) - notification that services are likely not covered by Medicare.
- Send referrals online
- Place radiology orders
- View referral status
- Access medical records
Stanford Health Care Locations
To schedule an imaging/radiology appointment, call: 650-723-6855.
Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley Locations
To schedule an imaging/radiology appointment, call: 925-734-3376.
Stanford Health Care Affiliated Locations
Alliance Medical Group San Pablo 510-837-6822.
Bay Valley Medical Group Hayward 650-498-4672.
Bay Valley Medical Group Danville 925-314-0260.
Stanford Medicine Imaging and Express Care 408-984-7226.
Menlo Medical Clinic 650-498-6500.