Stanford’s Decedent Care team is available to help families and staff at any time a patient dies.
- Help for families with the steps they need to take to make burial or cremation arrangements, whether the families are local or from out-of-town. In particular, help for families who for religious or cultural reasons need to make arrangements for an immediate burial or cremation.
- Support staff and physicians with what needs to be done at the time of a death.
- Help with families who have special needs or requests.
- Serves as liaison with funeral homes as they make arrangements with families.
- Ongoing support for families when there are questions about autopsies, obtaining copies of medical records or death certificates.