Leaders in Dermatology Treatment
Dermatologists have advanced training in skin, hair, and nail conditions to help you look and feel your best. Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley’s board-certified dermatologists have expertise in conditions from acne, rashes, and eczema to skin cancer. We offer convenient local care with access to the latest innovations and research.
What We Offer You for Dermatology Care
- Specialized expertise in treating all types of skin conditions, including eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, dermatitis, and suspicious moles.
- Advanced treatment options including light therapy, excimer laser treatment, advanced medications, and precise surgery to treat skin and autoimmune conditions.
- Team-based approach to your care, from prevention and diagnosis through treatment, offering screening, education, and cosmetic procedures for all your needs.
- Ease of access to coordinated care from specialists at Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley or our colleagues in a wide range of related specialties at Stanford.
Your skin is your largest organ. It protects you every day—battling sun damage, keeping out infections, and responding to changes in your environment and your body’s hormones.
Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley brings together specialists in dermatology, dermatopathology, hair loss, and nail conditions. We treat chronic (ongoing) conditions and common concerns such as acne and rashes for people from newborns to older adults. Working as a team with our Stanford colleagues, we offer the latest in advanced dermatology care for skin cancer and other complex skin conditions.
Our board-certified doctors have extensive experience with a wide range of skin conditions, including:
Advanced care for skin conditions and cancer can help you stay comfortable in your skin.
- Autoimmune skin disorders
- Cysts, lipomas, and moles
- Hair loss (alopecia)
- Skin allergies and contact dermatitis (rashes)
- Skin infections
- Vitiligo (patchy loss of skin color)
- Skin cancer, including:
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
Our dermatologists diagnose, treat, and help prevent skin conditions, including all types of acne, suspicious moles, psoriasis and eczema. We carefully evaluate your health history and symptoms to confirm a diagnosis. Then we recommend the best options for you, which may include consultations with our Stanford colleagues for complex conditions and skin cancer.
We offer complete skin screening and evaluation of suspicious moles on your body. Stanford was one of the first on the West Coast to use advanced mole mapping and digital imaging technology to identify potential problems early. For suspicious and precancerous growths and skin cancer, we perform precise surgery. Learn more about Stanford Dermatology Surgery.
- Photodynamic therapy (drugs activated by light to treat cancer)
- Intense pulsed light and broadband light (to treat sun damage and rejuvenate skin)
- Pulsed dye laser (to treat redness in the face)
- Phototherapy (to treat skin disease anywhere on the body)
- Excimer laser treatment (to precisely treat psoriasis and other skin conditions without damaging healthy skin)
Medications and Topical Therapy
- Oral medications
- Topical medications
- Immunosuppressive medications
Prevention and Screening
- Mole mapping
Surgery and Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Microneedling (tiny needle punctures to treat scarring, wrinkles, and acne)
- Wide excision
Your Dermatology Care Team
Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley dermatologists treat all types of skin conditions right here in the community. For even the most advanced dermatology diagnosis and treatment, we work alongside Stanford physicians to care for your skin throughout your life.
These physicians have specialized education in noncancerous and cancerous skin conditions. Dermatologists diagnose and treat all types of rashes, acne, eczema, psoriasis, and skin cancers.View All Dermatologists »
These doctors have special training in examining tissue samples of the skin to detect or rule out cancer. If you have a cancer diagnosis, Stanford cytopathologists may see you in the clinic to perform a bedside biopsy, called a fine needle aspiration (FNA), of any suspicious lymph nodes.View All Dermatopathologists »
Pediatric dermatologists have additional training and expertise in evaluating and treating skin conditions in children.View All Pediatric Dermatologists »
Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley’s Dermatology Program provides comprehensive care for all types of skin conditions. We collaborate with other Stanford clinics, programs, and services to provide the full scope of advanced dermatology services.
Extended Care Team
Our team includes additional professionals to make sure you get the complete care and support you need:
Advanced Practice Providers (APPs)
Our skilled physician assistants (PAs) and nurse practitioners (NPs) can give you a thorough exam, write prescriptions, and help to prevent or treat any issues. Our APPs meet weekly to discuss patient needs.
Care coordinators provide you with information and assistance prior to and during your appointment.
- Medical Assistant - Medical assistants work with our team to help provide care. They may prepare you for an examination, assist your doctor, or take vitals before your appointment.
- Patient Care Coordinator - Our patient care coordinators help you with scheduling appointments and accessing your test results.
- Patient Access Representative - Patient access representatives can answer any questions you have about insurance coverage, will assist you with applying for insurance, and can refer you to a Stanford financial counselor.
Our specialists are very involved in research efforts to advance the diagnosis and treatment of orthopaedic conditions. Research coordinators help screen candidates for possible participation in clinical research trials.
We help with the details so you can focus on your health and wellness. We offer a range of patient services and helpful information to coordinate the various aspects of your care:
Convenient care where you live and work
- Insurance and billing: Seeing doctors in the Dermatology Program is easy. We accept self-referrals and most insurance plans.
- Coordinated care: Get the care you need for common to complex skin conditions in one integrated program.
- MyHealth: Our MyHealth system allows you to access your records and test results through a secure, online portal and device app. You can also communicate with your doctors.