During the coronavirus pandemic, Stanford Health Care remains your partner in health.
If you need help paying your medical bill, we're here for you. Payment plans and financial assistance are available for people who can't pay their balance in full.
Federal, state, and local regulations may dictate that patients are not liable for the cost of COVID-19 testing. If a patient's insurance is out-of-network with Stanford Health Care, the following cash price would be payable in accordance with Stanford Health Care's self-pay discount policy:
- COVID-19 Antibody (IGG or IGM); (CPT 86769): $84
- COVID-19 Probe Detection by DNA or RNA; (CPT 87635): $156
- COVID-19 Specimen Collection (Swab); (HCPCS C9803): $15.60
Financial Counseling is available to help you navigate the financial component of getting care at Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare. As part of the Patient Access Services team, financial counselors are dedicated to serving as a resource to you and your family, including by:
- Explaining your insurance coverage and benefits
- Estimating your financial responsibility for services not covered by insurance
- Identifying possible ways for you to pay for your care if you do not have adequate funds or health insurance
- Helping you identify and obtain coverage for government programs, where available
- Addressing questions or concerns regarding your insurance coverage and financial assistance