Stanford Transfer Center
Leaders in Seamless, One-Call Transfer Services
If you're a health care professional who needs to transfer a patient to Stanford Health Care, the Transfer Center team is ready. One call connects your patients with world-class services and advanced care for select specialties in the Tri-Valley.
What We Offer You for Patient Transfer Services
- Specialized expertise in fast and effective triage from our highly trained communications specialists and registered nurses.
- Advanced treatment in cardiothoracic, thoracic, and vascular surgery; critical care/pulmonology; gastroenterology; hepatology; and interventional radiology.
- Team-based approach for swift and seamless transfers. Our physicians, nurses, case managers, and financial counselors work together for complete care.
- Comprehensive support services once your patient arrives at Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare in Pleasanton.
- Ease of access with one call for transfer services.
Our Transfer Center serves as an entry point for physicians managing patients who need next-level care from Stanford Medicine. At Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare, we accept patients with a variety of conditions, including those related to:
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Critical care/pulmonology
- Gastroenterology and advanced gastroenterology, including endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Interventional radiology
- Thoracic surgery
- Vascular surgery
The Transfer Center is available 24/7. Call 1-800-800-1551 and request a transfer to Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare.
If you're a health care professional who needs to transfer a patient to Stanford Health Care, our Transfer Center offers one-call access to Stanford Medicine's comprehensive services.
When you call us at 1-800-800-1551, please request Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare, identify the clinical service you seek in our hospital, and provide the following information to our on-call specialist:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Referring physician's name, phone number, and facility
- Patient's diagnosis, acuity, and medical specialty needed
When your patient arrives at Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare, our nurses manage the intake process and ensure a thorough handoff to the appropriate care team.
Your Patient's Care Team
At Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare we combine the innovative strength of Stanford Medicine with community-based care. Our local physicians and extended care team provide leading-edge treatments and individualized services in our convenient Pleasanton location.
View All Cardiothoracic Surgeons »
View All Gastroenterologists »
View All Interventional Radiologists »
View All Thoracic Surgeons »
View All Vascular Surgeons »
Extended Care Team
Once at Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare, your patient will have access to an experienced team of specialized nurses, certified technicians, and other highly trained staff to support them throughout their care.
We help with the details so patients can focus on their health and wellness. We offer a range of patient services and helpful information to coordinate the various aspects of care:
At Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare, patients experience accessible, comprehensive care from our highly trained and compassionate team.
- Insurance and billing: We accept several insurance plans to serve you. Find out more about patient financial services at Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare.
- Coordinated care: We work together to serve your patients' needs in cardiothoracic, thoracic, and vascular surgery; critical care/pulmonology; gastroenterology; hepatology; and interventional radiology.
- MyHealth: Our MyHealth system allows your patient to access their records and view test results through a secure, online portal and device app. Patients can also communicate with their doctors.