Invoices submitted to Stanford Health Care will be disputed or rejected if the following occur:
Department responsible for approving the invoice has disapproved or rejected the invoice.
- Stanford Health Care departments are required to inform vendors when disapproving invoices.
- Vendors can request automated disapproval notifications from the Stanford Health Care employee who manages the relationship with the vendor.
Vendor is attempting to invoice for:
- A closed Purchase Order (PO)
- A PO not issued by Stanford Health Care
- Line items that don't exist on the PO
Systemized Invoice Disputes
Payments may be delayed due to inconsistencies between Vendor and PO data.
- Tax discrepancies at the line level between invoice and PO
- Price & UOM Exceptions between Invoice, PO, and Receipt
- Missing Receipts, or the department has not received the goods
- Invoice not referencing a usable Stanford Health Care PO
- Incorrect EDI data provided from the supplier
- Department has not approved updates to existing PO
- Add-on Costs (freight, shipping/handling) are billed differently than what is on PO